Osteoarthritis patients can support the success of the treatment themselves. Below we present you with helpful tips that can help you with the therapy. In addition to regular medical checks, there are also numerous aids and home remedies that can be used effectively against the symptoms.
Home Remedies For Osteoarthritis
Drug treatment is usually essential for joint diseases such as arthrosis and rheumatoid arthritis. In addition, tried and true home remedies can sometimes be used. If you want to support the initiated therapy measures, you can use these home remedies for osteoarthritis, rheumatism and the like:
- Healing earth wrap: healing earth is available in the pharmacy
- Envelopes with arnica flowers also available as a cream with arnica flower tincture
- Mustard compress made from mustard flour
- Herbal tincture made from rosemary, arnica and citric acid
Cabbage wraps have a long tradition in joint complaints. They can be used for osteoarthritis, activated osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Instructions cabbage wrap:
- Blanch cabbage leaves white cabbage or savoy cabbage in boiling water for 30 minutes until soft
- Then let the leaves cool
- Roll the cooled leaves until the juice comes out
- Wrap leaves around the affected joint
- Fix with a bandage
- Leave on for at least two hours but the wrap can also be left in place all night
- The cabbage wrap should be put on for about a week or two in the evening
- Curd wrap for osteoarthritis ideal for pain in the knee and wrist
- Curd wraps can also be used for osteoarthritis and activated osteoarthritis.
Instructions For Curd Wrap:
- Drain the low-fat curd cheese in a sieve
- Place the curd wrap around the affected joint and let it work for 20 minutes
- Remove the curd wrap at the latest when the wrap has warmed up
Natural Remedies For Arthrosis: Leeches
Home remedies for rheumatism and arthrosis: In addition to cabbage wraps and Retterspitz, ointments help with inflammation Not exactly a home remedy, but still a treatment option from the section alternative approaches to osteoarthritis: medical leeches.
The animals suck on the joint for up to 60 minutes and then fall off. The animals’ saliva contains iridium, which has anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant effects. This is to alleviate pain associated with osteoarthritis.
If you shrink from the word “leeches”, you can rely on effective help from the pharmacy for pain relief. For example, the use of capsules with high doses of vitamin E (500 IU) made from purely vegetable oils has proven itself this can also significantly reduce pain medication consumption.
In Addition To Home Remedies: Vitamin E
In addition to painkillers and natural remedies, taking vitamin E can also help alleviate joint problems due to a vitamin E deficiency.
In the context of conservative osteoarthritis therapy, technical orthopedic aids such as bandages, shoe arrangements as well as walking and standing aids play an important role. All of them aim to make everyday life a little easier with osteoarthritis and to help maintain mobility. Depending on the aid used, further goals include mechanical stabilization, guiding movement sequences or relieving overloaded joint parts. Aids that are used early can often even help to avoid surgery.
Conclusion: Important To Know
Rheumatoid arthritis often begins insidiously with a general feeling of illness, tiredness, loss of appetite and weight loss. These rather unspecific signs can also be a reason for a visit to the doctor in connection with joint complaints or swellings.